Monday, October 1, 2007

Oh my..........

So it happened. I'm hopelessly and all consumingly (is that even a word?) addicted to the best love triangle I've read in years. Yes I stayed home from work today due to a complete lack of sleep and an overall icky feeling. I picked up New Moon, which I was about 100 pages in to, at 10 am and with only two breaks (one to talk to my parents about our new front yard, and one to talk to Amie about her suicidal camera) I read clear through until 6:30 pm. I finally had that reaction that my girls had warned me about. I had a song that ran through my head constantly, I missed DJ immensely, I cried and was sad when I finished the book.
Let me first say I loved this book where as I just really liked Twilight. I thought this book was griping and fast paced. I finally saw some real character development. I LOVED Jacob and still do. I had a real problem with Edward and still do. I can't wait to read Eclipse (who can lend it to me????????) and fear I will end up neglecting my house work again once I get my hands on the book.
I would love to just gush about it all over here but I know there are a few blog readers who haven't read it yet so I will restrain myself for the time being (M. S. Van Buskirk get yourself to a book store and get these now!!!!!!!!!). However this weekend I will be doing some talking about it all, the drive to Prescott so be a good jumping off place. I feel my wedding scrappy pages I'm going to do this weekend will have a Bella Edward feel to them. You'll have to check back to see the final products next week.
I saw this tonight and thought it was a beautiful depiction of B & E after they get in the car coming home from Italy.

7 comments:

heather said...

ooooh i like that drawing. Sorry it is probably my fault you stayed home from work. What were we thinking?

Jesika said...

Ah!! I'm so glad you like the books, Christine! Remember how sad you were when Harry Potter was ending....lol You had no idea what was coming!!! :o) Edward and Bella!!! *tear*

Amie said...

I'm sighing a happy little sigh of contentment. Glad you're on board. You can totally borrow my book. You're off tomorrow, right? RIGHT??

Jaime said...

I love the drawing too! If you haven't got your little hands on Eclipse yet, let me know or just drop by!

Natalie said...

First of all, EEEEWWWWW!!! How can you love Jacob!!?!! I just don't understand that! He's such a rotten kid! I really try to like him, but I struggle!

Second, Congratulations! And Welcome aboard the Fanatic Train! You have to make one crucial stop at Eclipse before you can join us in Crazytown where we moon over Edward, discuss our theories and check www.stepheniemeyer.com daily for updates!

Thirdly, WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT PICTURE!??!! I would crap applejacks if you told me you drew it... though I do not deny your talents... should you have been concealing from me a gift for charcoal drawings. I think it captured them perfectly! Much better than the actors she's picked out for the movie.

Fourthly... what song went through your head? I'm very curious! You know about my playlist on iTunes. Crazytown.. population ME. Amie visits on occasion. :D

the Varley Family said...

Hey girl! We just can't get enough of that Edward...he's such a stud!

Natalie said...

I'm not sure I want to engage in this debate. :) I don't like how arrogant Jacob is. And I just want all things Edward! My cousin's step-son is totally like him and his name is Jacob and I just want to punch him. He's a snot. Makes his family miserable. Way worse than Meyer's Jacob, but still. I just have a visual on that kid and it irks me. So you see... Crazytown!

BTW, I thought that was really funny, I'm surprised you didn't comment on that! :( I'm not funny, am I? I KNEW IT! I'm seriously thinking about shutting down my blog... I'm just a big dork. Who'd want to read that?