Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mixed Emotions

My laptop died Monday night. Just up and decided that it was done working. Without notice everything cleared off my screen leaving only the desktop picture. I can't do anything without it since it has all the important stuff in my life on it; RS bulletins and attendance, Ward information, pictures, budget info, college papers I love; my stomach is hurting just thinking about it all. Even worse my desktops are purely gaming computers so there are no office programs, i.e. word, excel, etc. Oh this is gonna suck I tell you all this is going to really suck! So I'm posting from work (holy cow I'm gonna have some serious withdrawals at night now) and will continue to do so until I get my baby back from the shop.
In other news I started Eclipse, hello old friend feels so good to have you here with me, she hugs the book tightly as a sigh slips from her lips. I got to hang with my parents and grandparents yesterday when my grandmother was honored at her Alzheimer's group for her participation in the last year. She has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's for 5 years now and she has been attending this group for two years. The groups leaders decided to recognize her for her willingness to serve the other members of the group tirelessly. Love that woman so much, smooches grandma :-) I'll post some photos of that lovely event soon. DJ and I are going to the Coyotes opener with several people from my office. Hockey pucks and federal agents gonna be an interesting night. And Friday I leave for our girly scrappy weekend full of fun. I got all the stuff to make my homemade hot chocolate and my world famous Carmel apple cider. Woo Hoo broke out my sweatshirt and boy am I ready to snuggle into it and some comfy flannel pants, pull my hair into a pony tail and throw on my fuzzy slippers. Goodness I'm so stinking excited I can hardly wipe the smile off my face. And even better Monday is a holiday!!!!!! All of that makes up for the icky computer antics. Happy Thursday ya'll!!!!!

4 comments:

Amie said...

Yee-haw! We're gonna party!

So sorry about the laptop...you know you can save everything off the harddrive at least.

Have fun at the Coyotes game! I love hockey! Don't understand a minute of it, but I love it!!

Jaime said...

Bummer about the computer.. at least you are reading Eclipse that's gotta make it better!

Natalie said...

*sniff*
Did you HAVE to brag about the getaway?? lol!

I think I'm more jealous of the cold weather, the yummies and the snuggly clothes.

Good luck with the computer! I don't know what I'd do!

Toni said...

I'm excited for the weekend too! Do you want to meet at Amie's or do you want me to pick you up at your house?
I can't wait for the yummy hot chocolate! mmmmmmm!