Friday, October 12, 2007

New favorite by an old favorite

"Pushing Daisies is a "forensic fairy tale" that focuses on Ned, a piemaker with the mysterious ability to make the dead live again. The gift is not without its complications—if he touches a revived being a second time, they die permanently; and if a person is revived for more than 60 seconds, somebody else nearby dies ("It's a random proximity thing"). Ned, along with his private investigator friend, Emerson Cod, and his childhood sweetheart, the once-dead Charlotte Charles, whom he likes to call "Chuck", capitalize on the gift by reviving the dead murder victims to ask them about their last moments so they can collect rewards."

This show has been in my buzz list for over six months now. I saw an extended preview before a movie about 6 months ago and ever since then I have been counting the days to the premiere. I thought that from first glance it had a likeness to one of my all time favorite shows Dead Like Me and since that show was axed before the third season could premire with the answers to some serious cliffhangers I was all to excited to see this new quark fest of fun. Turns out that the creator is in fact Bryan Fuller creator of Dead Like Me, so my radar is right on, woo hoo. Well the show hasn't let me down one bit. I just love the characters and how endering they are becoming. The writing is fresh as fresh as the colors and dead bodies. I love that there are people out there who still strive to go outside the mainstream and bring us new and refreshing shows. So my friends go give the newbie a try at either ABC.com or Wednesday nights at 7pm. (and if you're interested the Dead Like Me series is currently being rerun on the Sci-Fi Channel or you can rent the DVD's. And a direct-to-DVD movie has already completed filming and is due out sometime in the summer of 2008; depending on the movie's success, the series may be picked back up again. So give that one a try too, you won't be disappointed I promise.)

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Hmmm. I'll have to give it a try, Amie also mentioned she loves it too. The real question is, do I really have time for yet another addiction?

Amie said...

hee hee, great minds...