Friday, September 28, 2007

I got shot today!

Well kinda got shot is more like it I guess. Part of my new job entails getting to help with the agent training. These guys train often so that they will be able to react safely and avoid any casualty while in the field or during a warrant. This past Friday and today they were practicing what's called building entry training. This is where they agents run scenarios set up by the trainers and practice making entry on houses and businesses for search warrants, arrest warrants and under cover agent extractions. Myself and two other support staffers were able to act as role players, i.e. bad guys. So I spend the majority of last Friday and today being yanked out of my seat or hiding spot, dragged away at gun point and then thrown to the ground and arrested. Let me tell you I discovered that I would be a horrible criminal. Even though I know these guys and would (and do) trust many of them with my life when they pound on the door and yell police open up I want to pee my pants. I also have such a better understanding about what my guys go through out there in the scary world of bad guys and boy do I respect how dangerous their job is!
So that brings me to how I got shot today with one of the training guns (they use a paint bullet instead of live ammunition, but whoa doggie does that bad boy hurt!). I was hiding in the closet in a scenario where I ran from them when a shot out began and the good guys were suppose to come find me after the situation had been contained. Well when they opened the door and said hands up I put my hands up but one of the guys was startled by all the commotion that had just taken place (in the scenario one of our agents had been shot and killed) that he reacted and just shot me point blank. It was humorous because the agent who shot me happened to be my boss, but in reality that was the most intense thing I have ever experienced. I can sure tell you all he'll be buying me one major lunch here soon. LOL. All in all I had a great time and am LOVING my new job. I so respect these amazing agents who work so hard to keep the people of this country honest. So my final words are simply support the law enforcement community as you do your country. These guys put themselves into harms way everyday so we can live in freedom. And everyone of them is loved by someone who wants them to come home each night!

Here is a photo of me with some of my tactical gear on. I felt like a puffy marshmallow that could stop bullets . Not a comfortable get up to say the least LOL.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

WOW girl, you look like one tuff cookie, I wouldn't mess with ya!

Do you have a bruise from being shot?

Kendra said...

Where do you work?

Christine said...

Kendra - I work for the IRS Criminal Investigations Department as a field and research assistant to the federal agents. If you watch 24 I'm Chloe :-)

Amie said...

lol, awesome!

heather said...

you look cute. smile

Jesika said...

How cool is that!?!?!? Keeps you on your toes, I'm sure! :o) And, yeah, I would have totally cried if I got shot point blank with a paint ball........You've gotta have one monster bruise!!