Tuesday, August 7, 2007

This weeks recipe

Hello there. I promise I will up date soon with my trip to Snowflake and some other fun stuff soon. I just need to be home long enough to upload the photos lol! So please enjoy my recipe choice for this week. I've been feeling the Asian flare lately and decided to post this light refreshing side salad for ya'll. I hope you'll give it a try.


Asian style 3 bean salad
Try serving this with a ginger salmon or teriyaki chicken, The dish is bright and eye catching so kids often like it. I love to serve this as a side for dinner then the next day I chop up any left over chicken or salmon I have and serve the salad and meat over a bed of greens for a wonderful lunch salad.

1 pound string beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (10-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame (green soy beans)
3 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup 100 percent fruit apricot preserves (I have also used apricot-pineapple and once I used plum jelly)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 scallions, sliced
Salt

Put the string beans and frozen edamame into a steamer basket and steam them for 4 minutes. Transfer the beans to a large bowl and put them into the refrigerator to cool for 15 minutes or longer.

In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, apricot preserves, sugar and ginger. Add the black beans and scallions to the other beans, drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt, to taste.

0 comments: