Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And now for something scrappy

Here's what I did at the 2 peas crop last Saturday and this morning with my girls Amie & Nat.



Me as a little girl. Awwwww so cute, what the heck went wrong!

These were my first attempt at some heritage lay outs. These are my maternal grandparents on their wedding day. Yes I distressed some of the photos, no they were not the originals. I made some copy negatives years ago and reproduced the wedding photos so I could have some to scrap. I haven't journaled any of them yet.

On this one I embossed the large flower with gold shimmer. Looks awesome IRL.

My favorite LO so far. I'm gonna journal the story of how my grandmother found her dress.


7 comments:

Toni said...

They all look great! I love the heritage ones. Old pictures are my favorite.

Natalie said...

Awesome! They photographed so well! I need to do some craftin'... I've been so sluggish about it lately... gotta get a move on! Great posts!

Jesika said...

Great L.O.! You did marvelous!

Amie said...

The heritage photos and layouts are awesome! I love them! I love that you have them! I need to make some copies of mine so I can try this too. It's totally out of my comfort zone.

yesterday was fun!

(PS, love how the snowmen turned out!)

Jaime said...

Those are great!!! I love the heritage photos as well. I need to get my grandparents stuff and do the same. Call me and we can chat!

Casey Lu said...

Christine,
I have always been afraid to do heritage photos because I fear I wouldn't do them justice. But, you....have made them all STUNNING!!! I myself need to give this a try as I have five large boxes of my husband's parents old photos. Love your winter ones as well as the one when you were young! Well done!!!!

heather said...

love the heritage ones. awesome