Thursday, September 13, 2007

Done

I swear I have finished Shakespeare, Chaucer, heck even Bronte faster then it took me to get through Twilight! But I'm done. Woo Hoo! I'm tired so I'll leave me literary commentary for tomorrow. There were dark forces working against me while trying to read about the beloved Edward and Bella. Every time I picked up the book the phone or doorbell rang. The first two or three days it was comical then it just got crazy! Seriously 5-6 phone calls and 2-3 people just dropping by between 5 and 9 nightly. I was determined to get this book done before Friday if it killed me! I ended up working until 7pm tonight, left dog tired got 1/4 of the way home and realized Edward was perched on my desk with only 100 pages to go. I pulled over and thought "I know I can call one of the girls to borrow it tonight cause I'm not sleeping until the book is done." Then I decided, nope I'm going back. I actually went back to the office (and high rises are SCARY at 7pm with no lights on) and recovered my precious man to came home with me. We cuddled right into the couch and I opened the book, hovered slightly looking at the phone then dug in. I had left Bella on her way out of Forks and she needed me to get her through this tonight. I finished the last 100 pages in 45 minutes! LOVED IT. So who's lending me the second one..............................................by tomorrow??????????
****edit- I now have any overwhelming desire to watch Van Helsing and Underworld.......... I can almost smell the popcorn.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

If it were in my hands, I would be on your doorstep this moment!!! Maybe I'll go check the mail... though technically, it's my birthday present... maybe I shouldn't open the box until October 9th... ya right. As if I can wait. I've been away from Edward far too long as it is! :)

Natalie said...

By the way - I'm so glad that you finally finished the book. Wasn't it wonderful? Wasn't it everything and more that we described?? Don't you love him??? I can hardly wait for mine to arrive! :D

I know it's late, and I know you can't check your personal email at work -- so I'm posting a ridiculously long comment here (before I got to sleep and forget) begging you to bring your clear stamps to the crop on Saturday. Particularly, the flower ones... you have those right? I'm on a roll planning out my pages and I have one that I want to do that includes several flower stamps, and I was thinking you had them... right? Inspiration has struck, so I'm letting it flow. Let me know when you get a chance! So excited for Saturday!!! Thanks Christine!

Amie said...

Yippe-IO-kiyay, woman!

I've got them now too, so you can borrow away! that's so funny that you drove back to get your book. A sign of a true fan. =) See ya tomorrow!

Casey Lu said...

I think I am going to have to barrow this book from one of you ladies sometime next week after I move if that is possible! I would of done the same thing for a book, in fact I have! When you have a good book you can't just leave it at work, gotta go get it! I hope all of you can save me and my friend a seat at the crop on Saturday! Can't wait to hang out with all of you again!!! :) See you Sat. night!