Sunday, December 2, 2007

Scrap Happy

Amie hosted a crop on Friday night - during the great flood - so I packed up my goodies and ran through the rain to go play. After this week it was so nice to just hang with the girls and do a little stress reduction therapy. I really needed the girl time to be able to talk and let loose. This week was so overwhelming and I felt like I had been beaten up by everyone including those I never would have guessed had it in them to be so harsh. So it's no surprise I only got two layouts done during the 7 hours of cropping :-) Here is one about my husband. When he shoots wedding with me he always ends up holding a lot of odd stuff. So here he is looking dashing with his flowers and shall.Next I did a LO of my friend Jen and her hubby Pat. I shot their wedding this February and just love them so much. Smooches girl, muuuwah!
Then I came home and was so inspired to catch up on this one little word challenge Amie has been doing. I had done my cover and the first 3 pages at her house two weeks ago and I've been loving seeing her pages develop. So since I've been crafting all week and my living room was already torn apart I just dug right on in Saturday morning and slammed through the rest of the posted challenges. There is one more page that the word/technique has not been posted yet, so I'll have to post that one once I get it done. Enjoy.

New/use an old tool (my square punch)

Remember/tags
Beauty/doodling
Love/ink (i masked the word love on the bottom - oh check me out getting all clever)
Faith/stitching
Joy/handwriting
Peace/distressing (the color on this one is off the paper is really brown)
Freedom/ribbon (my least favorite page)
Believe/bling
Gratitude/paint (I painted the chipboard tag)
Delight/use a non-scrappy item (I used a recipe from one of my books - color is off in this one too sorry it's late I'm not fixing it)Grow/journaling strips

Dreams/stamps (both the saying and the swirl are stamps)
Adversity/paper tearing
Moment/die cut (I think I've had those butterflies since the 90's lol)
Foolish/buttons
Passion/circles
Hope/rubons
wisdom/flowers

I think I might try and make one of these for someone as a gift and leave the journaling area blank. Maybe someone who hates to scrap but loves the end product. I really had fun doing this challenge. I got the chance to try some new techniques and use up some scraps that I new would be a good idea to not throw out. Thanks Amie for always encouraging me to break my comfort zone and try new thing :-)

9 comments:

Amie said...

You ROCK SO HARD! I can't even tell you! How awesome is this. I can not believe you did most of that in one day!! I'm one behind you now! (just finished Hope) Wow, those are so awesome. I can't wait to see it in person! I bet you love it. =)

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Beautiful, you are amazing. All in one day, whoa! Sorry I missed the crop, I'll catch you guys on the next one. Needed some family time :)

Casey Lu said...

Yeah I am bummed that I didn't make it but I will one of these times!! I need to do that journal too! I love the idea behind it and what you did awesome, and all in one day!!!! Way to go girl!!!
Hang in there!

Toni said...

Wow! You did an awesome job! I can't believe you did all those in one day! You are the "Scrappy Queen".

Meg Meggie Meggers? said...

girl this looks like so much fun. you've got great ideas and lovely execution of those ideas!!

Wendy said...

wow that album is amazing!!!! i love the pages as well. Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful album, I love it. That is a great idea about the gift too. You have inspired me to go ahead and start that journal. thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CROW!!!! You are amazing!! I love your album!!!!

Jenny Burcham said...

This is a beautiful book! What a wonderful keepsake.