Saturday, December 8, 2007

Drum roll please

Well this morning when I convinced myself that it was time to crawl out of bed (I had been snuggled with my hubby watching a dog show - one of our favorite things to do - I've always wanted to show dogs and be a breeder but would never be able to give the babies up) I came and entered every one's names into random.org to find our winner of the blog candy.


So without further ado congratulations to:


Kendra said...
Complete comfort for me, like a warm blanket, is when I'm with my sister. She it my kindred spirit, my bosom friend, my soul sister. She gets me completely and that is the greatest comfort of all. I never have to try to explain where I'm coming from because she knows. We finish each other's sentences and always know what the other is thinking without saying a word. I wish we didn't live 2000 miles apart. A girl can always count on her sister.


Thank you all so much for your comments. I really enjoyed reading your definitions of comfort. In this crazy season my prayer and goal is to keep those things that bring comfort to my soul and my home in the front of my priority list. I have been marinating on Kendra's comments while she shared her testimony of keeping the focus of this season on the truth and not the world and a comment Heather made during her lesson last week (which rocked by the way) - "Remember to do the important things first, which are not necessarily the urgent things." I put my to do list together for this week and I'm excited to try and make all of my important things come before anything the world will try to hand to me.

I also wanted to take the time to thank all of you who have supported me this week during this crazy time. Thank you for the comments, listening to me vent and cry, and making me laugh out loud! Love you all. And I hope those of you who discovered me through this candy keep coming back round, I'd really like to get to know you better.


Now I'm off to make some hot cocoa, put in my favorite Christmas movie - The Muppet's Christmas Carol - and do a little crafting. Happy Saturday:-)

6 comments:

Diane said...

Congrats Kendra!!!!

Casey Lu said...

Congrats to Kendra!

I am glad that you can focus on the important things...we tend to forget that sometimes in our busy lives! It was so cool to see you at the grocery store tonight! I am so glad too that I could finally introduce you and DJ to my hubby and kids! I can't wait till we can get together in Jan! You are such a sweet person! Have a great day snuggling with your hubby and watching the Muppet's!!!

AZ HS Spotlight said...

I love Kermit! Wherever you find love, it feels like Christmas!

tyrymom29 said...

Ive never seen it !!! Looks like fun Have a great week!!!! Have fun watching the movie

Kendra said...

OH, THANK YOU THANK YOU CHRISTINE!!! I am so excited!

Muppet's Christmas Carol is my very favorite Christmas movie too! We've watched it a couple times already. Jacob is just discovering it for the first time this year. Best version of "A Christmas Carol" EVER!

Amie said...

I own and love that movie too! We are such kindred spirits! (just like Anne and Diana!)