Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Your life is an occasion; rise to it.

To celebrate my new job and the fact that DJ was off last night we did something we love to do and never get to do anymore, we went to the movies! I had some money left on a gift card to Harkins so we treated ourselves not only to a movie but not a matinee - I know, I know talk about feeling spoiled right? So as soon as my DH suggested it I blurt out "We are going to Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium right?" He laughed and said "as you wish", he really is my Wesley/Edward/Will :-) So we ran off and settled into the theater 15 minutes before the show so we could listen to the trivia and music. Let me tell you it really was my night, all 4 songs were some of my favorites and I sang along out loud since there were only 7 other people in the theater with us, seriously I'm only going to movies on Tuesday's from here out.

Oh then the movie started and I was just in heaven. This movie is so amazing I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful, whimsical and awe-inspiring (sorry I couldn't some up with another w). So let me say this; don't go see this movie if you-

-hated Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

-toys scare you

-the words predictable, practical and plausible cause your heart to swoon and feel like home

-you stopped believing in the idea of magical wonder and having faith when you were 6

So if you answered yes to any of the above situations steer clear of this movie. Otherwise, gather the kiddos, stuff your purse with candy and treaties, then enjoy the beauty of this amazing story.
This is next on my list of must see movies! So excited. And if you all don't mind I really have something to say about this movie. Hold on I'm climbing up on my soap box, sorry it's kind of tall , really should install some steps or something. Whew - OK I'm there.
There have been a lot of emails going around about this book/movie and how it should be avoided due to the writer's religious belief/disbelief and some of the ideas presented in the plot. This disappoints me deeply coming from people who are taught the danger of judging others and the importance of free will. I ask you how can you pass on an email completely bashing something you have not taken the time to read? Is that not the absolute epitome of judgement? How would you feel if you opened up an email that stated not to read the Bible or Book of Mormon because of the stories in those books are false and they should be destroyed - and the person who sent it to you has told you they have never once read the scriptures? Would you not feel that you had just been judged? Should we not be teaching others with our actions? How does that act portray anything but negativity? I simply ask everyone to remember that there is always two sides to every story and your words will always linger longer then you can imagine so make sure they are positive and uplifting!

OK thanks for letting me get that out. I pray no one thought I was being judgemental - I just needed to share.

4 comments:

Amie said...

Amen sistah sledge!

I'm glad you got to go to the movies!

AZ HS Spotlight said...

You are so lucky you got to go to the movies! BTW, love magic! Did I tell you I have a Lord of the Rings tattoo? Yup, I'm strange!

Meg Meggie Meggers? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg Meggie Meggers? said...

Word up my home girl!! You know, I almost fell prey to the email bashing trend during the whole Harry-Potter-is-satanic-'cause-it-exemplifies-witchcraft era. Whew! that was a close one. I might never have beheld the wonder that is J.K. Rowling.

Can't wait to see The Golden Compass, the preview gets me teary-eyed. Why am I such a sap? LOL