Monday, July 30, 2007

Calling in all prayers!

I just applied for a new position within my department at work. The increase in income is desperately needed as my medication and doctor's bills have completely exhausted our savings. DJ's new job starts in one more week. We could use prayers that his transition will be smooth. He is so excited to start work with the guys he has met and I can see the stress of his old job already leaving him. We have ripped out the carpet from our bedroom and master bath. By the end of the week we hope to have all the carpet out of the house and then we plan to just live on the concrete and as we get the money we will re-floor. I know that for right now it will help my asthma to have that dust trap out of the house, but for someone who likes to have things neat and clean this will prove to be a challenge for me :-) Oh and speaking of challenges; our bleeping A/C went out last night! I have been calling the home warranty company all day and ugggggggg I'm getting no calls back from the technicians! I tell you, when it rains it pours huh? The thing that sucks is that I want to go work out to relieve the stress, but I've had two really good sized asthma attacks today and I'm sure that working out will only make things worse. So I'm working on counting those blessings to not go insane right now! Thanks for the prayers. I'll keep y'all posted.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Holy cow, Christine! You're not kidding. Poor guys! I'm sad you have to rip out your carpet, but it sounds like a good solution. A friend of mine just went to some kind of voo-doo doctor (not really, but that's what she calls him) and he was able to diagnose that her son's asthma attacks were coming from a parasite, meaning he was allergic to his own spit and feces. Nice, huh? He also totally fixed her Kidney stones. All by meanuevering and electric acupuncture?? Yikes! It's my friend Heidi L. on my links.

Casey Lu said...

Christine, sorry to hear all that is going on! I hope with ripping out your carpet that your Asthma will go away! Will pray for you and your hubby! Is your work still hiring? I myself am looking for work as of today.

Natalie said...

OH Christine!!! I'm just sick for you! That's a lot to deal with! Crop it out! :) Cement is the new thing, I hear! Shawn wants to have cement floors in our new house. :) Just be sure to wear houseshoes! Cement can really dry out your feet and they can start to crack and bleed. Be careful! We'll keep you in our prayers!