Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby

To day is my hubby's 27th birthday. He is my best friend in this world and the answer to so many of my prayers! I am so blessed that he wants to spend eternity with me. I am so proud of the man he has become and I just can't wait to see what the future holds for him and our little family. Love ya baby!

We both had to work and he had a meeting to attend so we didn't really get too much time together to celebrate, but I made the best of the time we had. He asked me to make him one of his favorite restaurant meals, Linguine with Clam Sauce. I have never been a huge fan of clams unless they are in a chowder so I was a little nervous about making this dish. I scoured my cookbooks and settled on a recipe then added my own twist on the basic recipe. Let me just say the ingredients are simple, cheep and easy to find. And the flavor was un-real. I am a fan of this dish for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!


INGREDIENTS
2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, with juice reserved
1 (6.5 ounce) can chopped clams, juice drained
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup olive oil
5-8 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta

DIRECTIONS
Cook pasta according to package directions.

Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Combine clam juice, butter or margarine, olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and pepper in a large saucepan. Place over medium heat until just about boiling, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add clams and cook 1 minute. Add cheese stir and cook 2 minutes while continuing to stir until cheese is melted. Sauce will appear thin, this is normal. Plate warm noodles and serve sauce over pasta with a side of garlic bread.

It was so good we dang near licked our plates clean. At $10 for 4 adult sized servings you should give this bad boy a try for sure.

6 comments:

Sher said...

Happy B-day D.J.! he didn't tell me it was his b-day when came by the doc's office. oh well, of course guys don't shout that to everyone, lol. thats nice to cook one of his fav's. i like to make new dishes & make taylor's fav meals too. btw, i have an awesome cookbook you gotta see!!!! and GIRL! CALL ME!!! I NEED TO VISIT YOU! and we should have movie/game night as couples!!!

Shawn H. said...

Happy Birthday, my friend!! 19 years old! That's crazy. Thanks for being such a great guy and for setting such an amazing example of faith for my family and me. I've seen you grow so much in the last year; it's been exciting to watch. I'm grateful to be your home teacher.

Toni said...

Happy Birthday DJ!

Amie said...

Happy birthday Mr. Dee Jay!!

Jenna said...

That pasta looks great, I had no idea you were so gourmet!! You are such a great wife Christine!

Natalie said...

Hey!
Sorry I'm so late in wishing your man a very belated, but very Happy Birthday!

Also, LOVED your suggestions for the novels. I knew you'd have some good ones. And ever since I've read your comment, I've been craving hot cocoa... but I've refrained... just trying to cut out any sugar I can. grrr.