Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Woo-Hoo

7am budget meeting - No Layoffs! I think we got very positive news that the city is not planning to lay off any employees and we are all getting a 3.4% cost of living increase for sure so that we can remain in the promised top 75th percentile of city salaries in the State. We are having our insurance increased 15% which will be around 20$ a month (given that my insulin alone w/out insurance is about $1600 a month I'm good with the 15%) which seemed to get a ton of people all ticked off. And they are combining our sick and vacation time into just paid time off but that will actually give everyone 12 additional hours of leave, you just can't roll it over at the end of the year, no biggie.

So all in all I'm feeling much better about the whole j-o-b right now. Thanks for the prayers :)

5 comments:

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad everything worked out. And you know Gov't people, very don't move the cheese!

Amie said...

Whew!! It doesn't sound too bad. I'm so glad you still have a job and insurance!!

Jesika said...

That's great they things are working out!! :o) I love how you focused on the positive!

Natalie said...

That's WONDERFUL news! I'm so glad things are starting to work themselves out for you! Hope you're feeling better too.

Liz said...

Great news I know the jobs are scarry right now...