Sunday, December 28, 2008

Caden's Room

Here are some photos of Caden's room all ready for him to come home this week. First is his crib. My grandfather was just dying to buy us something for his first great-grandchild and even though we had been given a crib he was just set on getting this crib he had seen online. So a few weeks ago we got a call that he had ordered us the crib and we were not to argue with him about it, lol. It's beautiful, much darker then the other furniture in the room but I think it looks just amazing. Here are some the little friends he received at the shower seating on the left and on the right are two of the stuffed anamials that DJ gave me when we were dating. We thought that they fit right into his room.
Here you can see the two wall colors kinda and his name that I just finished painting and put up this weekend. I still have the shelves to put up but they just didn't get done and given the bed rest we (meaning DJ) made an executive decision that Caden will never notice that his shelves were not up the moment he came home.

And this is my favorite part of the room. That is my grandmother's rocking chair, which she rocked my mother in when she was a baby. It's 60 some odd years old and feels so good to sit in. And in the chair are two bears that my mother gave me when I was 5. They are pupets and she used them to wake me up for years. They stayed on my bed well into my teenage years and I just never could come to terms with getting rid of them so they have been boxed up for the last 12 years. DJ went and found them, washed them and put them in the room for me to find. So super sweet and I think they make the perfect touch.

I haven't been able to take photos of the basinet or moses basket that my grandmother and aunt gave me. We did narrow it down and found out that they were made in 1939! When I actually remember to take a photo in the daylight hours so you can really see them I'll post it to share. I really love the thought of all the history I have been given to share with this baby => Less than 48 hours now, and I'm starting to freak out just a little bit. DJ promised he's post for you all when the little man makes his debut, guess I better teach him how to use blogger tonight, lol.

8 comments:

AZ HS Spotlight said...

I'm crying I'm so excited for you!!!!

Toni said...

His room looks so awesome! How great is that to have all that history to share with him. I'm so excited for you!


On a different note. Thank-you so much for the flowers. I love them!

Julie said...

I'm so excited for you to meet your little one. I remember waiting so anxiously for each of my kids to come...but especially the first. It's such an amazing gift to be a mother. Treasure every minute.

Casey Lu said...

Caden's room looks fantastic! Love the crib, paint, bedding set, and the rocking chair! You are so fortunate that you can share some history with him as well as use it to keep him cozy! I can't wait to hear the news of him being here! So very exciting, and don't worry everything will be fine and you will do great! So excited for you and DJ!!!!

Jesika said...

Oh my gosh, Christine!! It's really here! Tomorrow CADEN will be HERE!! I'm soooo excited for you and DJ! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call! :o) *Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh ya! Caden is almost here, how exciting, can't wait to come and see him and bring him some goodies! You all will be in my prayers. Exciting!!

Shel said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the crib! The room looks great...love the letters for Caden's name too! And I LOVE the puppets with the rocking chair! Both have such perfect sentimental value....I love that you have kept them all these years! What a cute idea to wake you up with them...I love your mom! She IS the best! You will be great having this little one...get a blessing....and then no worries for you! :)

Amie said...

awesome! The crib is gorgeous!