Sunday, July 6, 2008

Drugs

3am found us in the ER at Del Webb with me in enough pain I truly wanted to be knocked out. But it wasn't the pain that took us there it was the numbness in both of my feet, the swelling in my joints had stopped the blood flow to my lower legs. This ER doctor was so much better then the one on Monday, he actually talked to me about the arthritis and an action plan rather then tell me that I was overweight which is obviously the cause of all my problems. He took one look at me and my history and said right well we have to get you out of pain so we can remove the stress your baby is feeling right now and you can sleep. Oh sleep, that would be such a wonderful treat, I could have hugged him if I could have stood up. So I was introduced to the lovely world of morphine, which when mixed with 1000mg of vicodin makes for one very happy me. I, according to my husband, sounded drunk and became very honest with my feelings, lol. And when I got home I actually slept for 4 straight hours before any pain returned, and yes it was glorious. So now I have to try and see a rheumatologist this week and I have a new pain med regimen of 1000mg of vicodin every 6 hours during the day and a percocet before bed at night. Hopefully this will help me sleep and let me wake up with only moderate pain. Oh how thankful I am for the world of legal drugs!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Good for you! Sweet dreams my dear, you deserve them!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! Alittle relief is always a good thing! We missed your smiling face at church today, but hope your "drugs" will make life bearable again, at least alittle bit. Please know you will always be in my prayers and again if there is anything I can do!?

Jesika said...

Dang, girl!! I'm so sorry you're going through all this crap! In a year, after your sweet baby is born, you'll look back at this and smile. Because, I promise, it's all worth it!!! :o)

Natalie said...

HALLELUJAH! SING IT GIRL! I just got my drugs changed this past week and am just barely feeling a difference today! Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while. We are having lots of difficulties of our own. I haven't called because I didn't want to share them and feel like I was heaping them onto you. Plus, I kept thinking that I would possibly be disturbing you while you finally had a moment to rest. Hmm... not so smart on my part. Sorry! Please know that if you need something and I can deliver, that I'm all over it!

Julie said...

Oh yes, percocet makes me say some pretty wacky things, usually it's a truth serum for me! It's good to hear you're finally getting some rest. I know being tired can make you nuts! If you ever need a pool to float in, let me know...you're welcome anytime.

Amie said...

Good grief, hopefully baby isn't knocked out for the count either! Although, having a newborn baby who slept 23 hours a day might be nice too... I JEST!! I'm so glad a doc took you seriously and did what needed to be done. Can you be on the drugs the whole pregnancy? And beyond? Can you sneak me some? I KID!!

Teri said...

yikes! we will pray for both you and baby. ah I hope all goes well. you have a long way to go, 29 weeks :) hang in there!!!!!

Liz said...

Wow i hope all turns out well for you.That has to be absoutely awful!

Jenna said...

Christine!! I've been out of town and just got back last night. Please know I'm thinking of you and call me if you need anything! I feel so bad that you are suffering. I've been complaining about my sciatica but it sounds like nothing compared to what you're suffering! I'm so sorry.

Casey Lu said...

I am so very glad that you had a doc actually listen and understand what you are going through and help you! I hope things get better for ya! I have been praying for you and I hope things get better!

Jaime said...

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this!! I always have you & DJ in my prayers! If there is anything I could do from long distance... let me know! Miss you guys!