Sunday, June 15, 2008

What a weekend!

Well this has been an amazing weekend for sure.

Friday night I hosted our little scrappy addiction group. We had a great night talking and laughing and making pretty pages. We got to talk lots of baby stuff since Jenna & Casey Lu are also preggers! It was lots of fun to just unwind and relax and get a few creative juices flowing. I'm really starting to like the work I'm producing and I think I'm finally finding my own style. Thanks for the fun girls.

Then the next morning Toni, Amie, Chris and I drove out to Mesa and we did a Temple session together. It was awesome to share that with my girls. The previous Saturday was so busy I didn't get to sit with them and really experience the moment. I loved getting to feel more relaxed and really feel the spirit without any stress. It was a great way to start the day and a wonderful bonding time with my Sista's. Love you ladies to pieces =)

Then today at church two amazing wonderful incredible rocking ladies told me they were pregnant!!!!!!!! Oh my word the water here really is chock full of the pregnant mojo. I'm am so excited for these ladies to be mom's cause they are going to be absolutely amazing at the calling! Congrats a million times over ladies. (ask me and I'll tell ya who)

And speaking of callings I have found myself in a new one as of this weekend. I was released from my Relief Society calling and called to be the 2nd counselor in the new Primary Presidency. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time. I have some amazing shoes to fill and I pray that I will be able to serve these children in the way that my Heavenly Father needs me to. I love this opportunity to serve and grow closer to the children in this ward. I love seeing their eyes light up and nothing makes my heart fuller then having one of them run up and give me a hug. Today during Sacrament Amie's son Ethan sat with us and was too cute when he laid his head in my lap and started humming a primary song. And then Heather's youngest Lizzie ran over and wanted to sit with us for the second half of Sacrament and she crawled into my lap and wanted to know when we could have a girls day where we could bake and garden together, smile how I do love these kids around me. So I feel a little overwhelmed right now and I'm sure it will take me a bit to get into the real swing of things, but with these amazing youth around I can only imagine that they will help build me up to someone worthy of leading them.

5 comments:

Teri said...

who who????

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Welcome to the marvelous world of the Primary Presidency!!! You will love it, and hate it, but the kids are what will keep you coming and working on everything.

I had so much fun on Saturday! Thanks for inviting me along, I hope we get to do it again soon!

Amie said...

Friday night was so fun, and Sat morn was fun too!

WHO IS PREGNANT?! lol!

Jesika said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Baby talk, temple talk and MORE baby talk!!! So, can you tell us who the new "mommy to be" are??!??!

Jaime said...

You will love Primary and you will be great in there!

The Temple is always the place you need to be to sort and work through your challenges, it will bring you such peace and the blessings will come. You hang in there and our prayers will be with you too!

Who's prego??