Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Keeping it cool


Welcome to my effort to help keep my house cool this summer since we are attempting to live through an Arizona summer without A/C, therefore we are going to be eating a lot of no indoor cooking meals. So I thought I would keep up the excitement of this yummy salad season by posting some of my favorite salads and no heat meals. So here is the salad of the week that I plan on O.D.’ing on this month, yummy!


Pear & Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad

1 Package (10 oz) Salad greens – spring mix or romaine are the best, though I have mixed romaine with baby spinach
2 Medium pears – thinly sliced
½ cup feta cheese crumbled – I have also used a good blue cheese
1 red bell pepper – sliced
¼ cup pecans – if you can find the glazed nuts those go great in this dish
½ cup raspberry dressing

Toss all ingredients except dressing in large bowl. Add dressing; mix lightly. Serve immediately. To make this a main dish you can add some grilled chicken or salmon, yummy yummy!

1 comments:

Amie said...

Ok, first of all, that salad looks delicious. I'll have to try it. Second, why in the world are you going to try to go all summer AC free? Have you BEEN here during a summer yet? It's frickin' HOT! Lol, good luck.