Monday, April 20, 2009

So thankful tonight

I am full of thanks tonight for the amazing bond between women.

I'm thankful that I was able to go sit with my beautiful friend who just had a beautiful baby.

I'm thankful that I was able to hold her hand when she was in pain, comfort her when she was scared and talk to her while she cried.

I'm thankful that my husband was able to come give her a sweet blessing.

I'm thankful that I was able to cuddle on her baby girl for her when she could not hold her.

I'm thankful my Heavenly Father blessed me with Caden so I could better serve this beautiful sister knowing what she was going through.

I'm thankful tonight that I was able to be there for her in the moment that she needed me and that I was able to know that I needed to be there with such a powerful prompting.

But mostly I'm thankful for her friendship tonight and her willingness to let me serve her. It's been hard to get people to let me help them (right Robyn) and tonight my sweet friend let me fulfill that desire in my heart to simply serve. And for that I am truly thankful.

3 comments:

Casey Lu said...

Your friends are really blessed to have you(myself included). You are such a great friend and what a wonderful thing you able to do for her! Yes, it is tough to let someone serve you. I know for me it is because in the past everything anyone has ever done for me (friends or a parent) has been thrown in my face that I supposedly used them. And so it is hard for me to let anyone do a service for me. But, I gladly will do what I can for others. Kuddos to you girl!!!! Let me know when I can be of service to you as well as Dono.

Carrie said...

Hey girl!! I think you are an amazing person! Just keep up your positive attitude and stay focused on who you are right now, you are right where you are supposed to be! Each of us are unique in our own way, that is what makes each of us special. Take care! And we totally need to do dinner soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Chris! It's Jennifer from Tucson. I know I was only up there for a little while but I think your a great mom and I always new you would be! I finally caught myself up on reading your posts because I push it off cause it makes me sssooo sad I can't be there with you guys and be more a part of your lifes. Anyone whos as great as friends as you guys are sure to be great parents too!!!
I wish I was there to help you guys with Caden after all who could resist his uber cute face!!!
Well, I know we don't get to talk much but I love you girl and thanks for excepting me for who I am too! Bye for now. OxOx