Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to me, my present? A sick baby =< **Updated**

Woke up today a 29 year old with a sick 3 week old. Caden has a head cold accompanied by a bit of a stomach bug. Poor guy is spewing from all ends. We canceled my birthday lunch to go to the pediatricians together. Ahh the joys of hanging in the waiting room with a screaming baby. I think i get to puch one more hole in that mama card I've been issued. I also think I shall hint to my husband that we need to eat take out tonight...........

Caden was tested for RSV - negative, woohoo. He's snuggled with me all day, all 9lbs 10oz of him! Eating is favorite thing in this world so far and he has gotten straight A's in that subject from his Doc! I'm glad we went down to the Doc's today cause in the course of his appointment she discovered he has a heart murrmur. So we're going to see a cardioligist next week to see if it's a simple newborn murrmur or a hole in the heart (diabetic babies a prone to holes in the heart) which is easily fixed if they don't just grow out of it in a couple months on their own. Still glad we can have it checked out. Thank goodness for modern medicine =>

And for those requesting new music...... I always have my laptop (prime source of internet usage in the house) on mute so I had totally forgot that I had Christmas music on there, lol. I will change that tonight!

9 comments:

Amie said...

Sounds like a good plan. I hope everything went ok at the appt. PS: I love you, but the christmas music on your blog has got to GO!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Christine! We want to see MORE pics of CJ! We miss you tons and tons! Can't wait to come see you.
xxoo, Andrew & Christina

PS: Amie is right - you need to change that Christmas music! = P

Shawn H. said...

Happy birthday! Count your blessings and drop the Christmas music. :) A sick baby is better than no baby, and spending your birthday at home with that handsome baby boy is better than working. Enjoy your take-out and get some Golden Spoon for dessert. We'll keep Caden in our prayers.

Liz said...

having a sick baby is no fun. Happy birthday though. I miss you and wish devin, Maggie and I could come and visit. maybe summer again.

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Happy Birthday

Love,
Your evil Twin

Britton & Jamie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm sorry it's under those conditions though! I hope everything goes okay at the Dr.s appointments..I'm sure it will be just peachy!! :>

Britton & Jamie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm sorry it's under those conditions though! I hope everything goes okay at the Dr.s appointments..I'm sure it will be just peachy!! :>

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthay Christine!! I know it's not the birthday you would have hoped for, but there are many more to come! =) I am sorry to hear the lil' man is sick, though =( Can't wait to hear how he likes his new Moby wrap. Heard it can be tricky, but oh so comfy once you've got the positions down. Love you guys so much!!! Your favorite SIL & BIL! =)

Casey Lu said...

Happy Birthday!!!! So sorry your little Caden is sick! That is no fun! I hope everything goes well with the Cardiologist! Donovan had the same problem when he was born and with meds it went away, thankfully! As soon as your little man is better we need to get together! Miss ya and glad you updated!