Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby Tag

My girl CaseyLu tagged me so I thought I'd share with you all =>

1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
At home in my bathroom. (Though Amie, Chris, Tori & Denise told me I was expecting two weeks earlier at one of our scrap booking nights, when I was only 6 days preggers!)

2. Who was with you?
My husband.

3. What was your first reaction?
Shocked, excited, scared, shocked.

4.What was your husband's reaction?
Excited and worried about me and my medical problems.

5. Who was the first person you told?
Mom and Amie.

6. Were the pregnancies planned?
Surprise to us planned by Heavenly Father.

7. Was everyone happy for you?
After all the docs gave us the thumbs up that I was doing well everyone was ecstatic.

8. What was the sex?
Boy

9. What was the nursery theme/colors?
Barn Yard animals.

10. Did anyone throw a shower for you?
Toni, Amie, Chris & Barbara threw me a shower with all the ladies from church. Tiffany threw me one at work.

11. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use?
None I wouldn't use, but some I can't just due to the AZ weather.

12. How much weight did you gain?
5 lbs.

13. Did you get stretch marks?
I already had those, so they just made a reappearance.

14. Did you crave anything crazy?
Nothing really crazy. I never had a real love of chocolate before I was pregnant and I loved all kinds of chocolate afterwards. I really loved spicy foods and would eat anything I could witha kick to it. I also could not get enough oranges, and I'm still totally hooked on them eating 2-3 a day.

15. Who or what got on your nerves the most?
The pain from my arthritis that kept me from being active at all or being able to do simple things like towel off my lower half after a shower or put on my pants un-assisted.

16. Where were you when you went into labor?
Hospital, lol. I was induced.

17. Did you have any complications?
Yes, lots. Read the post titled Caden's journey to hear the whole story.

18. Did your water break?
Doc had to break it, ouch that hurt lots!

19. Who drove you to the hospital?
Husband.

20. Did you go early or late?
3 weeks early.

21. Who was in the room?
Husband and mom.

22. Did you video tape it?
Nope.

23. Did you have any pain medication?
Epidural that wore off 3 times and by the time it came to push had completely worn off from the knees up so I felt everything, EVERYTHING!

24. Did you have a c-section or natural?
Natural.

25. What was your reaction to the birth?
Thankful it was all done after 27 hours. Worried that he was ok. Tired.

26. How big was the baby?
7 lbs 2 oz.

27. What was the baby's full name?
Caden John C.

28. Did your husband cry?
Nope. But he did declare me his hero =>

29. When is the next one coming?
3 -4 years

30. If you could, would you do it all over again?
Absolutely without question, in a heartbeat.

Ok I tag the following people: Toni, Tiffany, Jenna & Tori

2 comments:

wittygal said...

Wow, thank you for not tagging me! That was a lot of questions
"30". Most of which I am like DUH it was only 9 years ago come on Christy think. Of course some day that tiny little boy of yours will be all grown up and LOVE to read this.

Casey Lu said...

Thanks for playing along! I love how DJ declared you his hero, so sweet!!!