Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend in review and an update

We had a great weekend, hands down just what I needed after the crappy week I had. I was so burnt out about life and horrible spiteful people by the end of the week. It was so wonderful to unwind.
Friday night we met up with my girlfriends Heather and Carrie and their hubby's to head out to Oregano's downtown Phoenix for some seriously good eats. We all drove out there together and got to talk and hang out which was so wonderful. I really miss talking to people who have my perspective on life, who truly care about my answer to their "how are you question" and who like me just the way I am. So I was just fine when we arrived and had to wait an hour to be seated. Let me tell you this food is worth the wait! I have not had one thing on the menu that I didn't love. And if you are a fan of chicken wings you have to try their oven baked wings with the medium gold sauce (it's not on the menu, you have to ask for it by name). We had a great time talking and I came home so relaxed.

Saturday DJ got up and helped a friend of ours pack up her house and get ready to move back east this week. I slept in and lazied around the house. When I got up I puttered around the yard and dyed my hair and edited some photos and then just enjoyed some time with my hunny......sigh I love doing that.

Sunday we went to church and I got to enjoy one of my favorite couples in this whole wide world give talks. Amie and Danny rocked their talks. I really enjoyed the message they brought and my girl shared part of one of my favorite hymns accapella, gave me goosebumps! I loved the enthusiasm Danny had in his voice during his talks. I have been so blessed to have their friendship in my life. I have a great group of friends and I know that without question any of them would help me at the drop of a hat. But I know when I call Amie I get 100% honest hands down shirt off her back last can of tomato soup friendship. Love ya girl.
Then we went over to Heather and Dave's for Sunday dinner. DJ and I made some super yummy mac n cheese. We had a great time hanging with the kids and stayed to watch Baptists at our BBQ. It was so much fun, DJ and I felt like we were teenagers again. It was a great day.

Monday I got to meet up with one of my girls, Jessa. She taught me while she was down here on her mission. She was able to come back down here with her parents to show them around. I was able to go out to dinner with the three of them and had a blast. Her parents were the sweetest most down to earth couple and I could see how much they love Jessa, just like me, so we all got along like peas and carrots. 3 hours flew right on by and I can't wait to go back up to Kaysville to stay with my new friends!

OK here is my update on my year of no fear. I figured I would tackle things as they presented themselves in my life, rather then making a list. So this past month has provided me with one of my biggest fears/problems that I have harbored the longest in my life. Therefore the next fear I've been working on is the too nice for my own good factor.
Way to many times I have worried about what people will think about me before I worried about how what they were doing to me actually made me feel. I have been given many reminders about how life is too short to let myself worry for one more day about people who don't care about me. So to the girl at my new job who's giving me the silent treatment because I didn't back down when she tried to intimidate me, I don't really care. If you want to expend all that energy on being mad go right on ahead and and make yourself mad everyday - I don't care anymore, I choose to be happy.And to the "friend" who chooses to judge and tear down my faults - I don't care anymore. Believe me I know that I have faults and that's why I'm thankful for the chance each day to make changes, repent and try again. I no longer care about making you happy by feeling bad. I choose to surround myself with people who love and support me, who really care about me and again I choose to be happy.

This may sound harsh and completely un-Christ like but I'm not refusing to turn the other cheek here I promise. I wish nothing but good to these people who have hurt me and given the opportunity I would give service to them and their families if they needed anything. However it's not healthy for me to spend so much time, energy and emotion feeling bad about other people's choices. So I have not backed down and I continue to be sincere when I see these people and say Hello, how are you or have a good day, I choose to be happy even if they choose not to be. Ah free agency my Heavenly Father's greatest gift. So to all my friends, with sincerity, I love you all, thank you for your support in my life and it's ya'll that make me happy!

7 comments:

Amie said...

Awww, shucks! *blush*

And I'm so glad you have good friends in your life...it's very important, to your body and soul. =)

And AMEN SISTAH in not letting things get to you anymore. Not worth the worry! Good luck!

Casey Lu said...

My heart goes out to you Christine! I know how you feel and GOOD for YOU to finally take a stand yet also to still be Christ like, which can be very hard. I am also so glad that you have good friends that you can surround yourself with and feel the love from them. Way to go for Staking a stand to fear!!!! You don't need people like that at all! Sending hugs your way!!!!! P.S. I also need to get you my keyboard!

Casey Lu said...

Yes, what time would be good for you on the 22nd?

Anonymous said...

powerful!!! great blog I loved it!

Teri

Liz said...

It was good to see you again....

Sher said...

it is so fun to talk to you. you are so awesome. i'll call ya soon. have a great week!

heather said...

Christine!!! I haven't even talked to you since that sunday! I went upstairs to get on my pajamas to be comfy fo the movie and I made the mistake of laying down on my bed (for a second) and I was out! Now you know that you are like family to me that I can do that! ha. I am sorry. I must have been beyond tired I usually don't do that unless I take benadryl. ha. love you!!