Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A whale of a post

So it’s been a crazy week followed by a fun filled weekend. I had a huge review at work with some analysts from headquarters. They swoop in and go through all our stuff then fly away leaving a big ol mess. The bad news is that since we are short staffed I was stuck with the work 3 people, oy big headache! The good news is that the big boss saw the hard work the hard work and has petitioned our national budget office asking for an exception to the hiring freeze to hire me on as the new analyst. This would mean that I would receive a small pay increase and I would get me creds so I could do independent collateral interviews. Yay that would be fun!

So this is the card that I'm making for this months card swap. I saw some swirly stamps this week and I just had to try something with my own set. I have been digging the blue/brown combo so I thought that I would put it all together. So far I'm still liking the card; we'll see how much I like after making 19 more.


Friday night I got to go to a scrap crop with a friend of mine Amie. I had such a good time! I have so missed scrap booking and I am so far behind that I will have to be logging some serious scrappy time to cure my reignited addiction. I haven't journaled on these pages yet so I will re-post when they are all done. We went to a local store Keepsake Trends, and it only costs 10$ then the store owner Ginger gives you 10$ in product. The store website also has a forum and a gallery you can post on. Way cool ideas!


Then Saturday night we went out to dinner with some friends. It was such a great night! We went out to Thai food and ate our hearts out. We ordered like 8 different entrees and sampled everything. I absolutely adored the soup, fried rice, pad Thai and the catfish. Oh my word so yummy yummy yummy. The conversation was great too. We finished our dinner and sat talking for an other hour about everything from cooking to travel and families such good times! I've always wanted to have couple friends so yay yay yay for our new friends. Woo Hoo can't wait for the next dinner!


Finally this is Roxanne. She is a 6 year old boxer and she has found her way into our family. I'm not sure yet if we can keep her. Our friend Robyn just returned from her mission and she can't take the puppy back due to her living arrangements and Roxy's issues with other girl doggies. So we thought we would give it a try to see if she can fit in the house. The cats are completely freaked out. Asher spends most of his days in the closet and the girls seem to hide on chairs or tables. They will come around occasionally and while Roxy is a super sweet and very well behaved dog she wants to play so bad that she jumps up and they are so freaked out that they just scatter. Oh Roxanne what are we going to do with you?


So that's what's new with me. Whew......lots of stuff last week. This week I have Temple night, some gardening, scrapping and my good friend Christy gets to receive her endowments. And Cafe Rio Friday night. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amie said...

One of these days I'm going to have to sample one of your salads...they all look so yummy! Great job with the card and the layouts! I'm so glad you came to the store. I'm going to be out of town this Friday, but I hope to go the following Friday if you're interested. Natalie may come too, and Jenna as well. =) I love Roxanne!! She's beautiful!!! I hope you can keep her. I love boxers. See ya next week!

Heather said...

Roxanne is adorable! I love boxers.