Monday, February 4, 2008

It's scrap-a-licious

Here are some recent scrappy pages of mine. These first three were done at a crop and on my B'day at Amie's house. I really love the "10 random pieces of ME" LO.

The following LO's are my submissions to the virtual crop I partcipated in this past weekend with Amie. Friday we got together at her place and were joined for a while by Christine & her SIL. It was a blast that lasted until the wee hours of the morn. Then Saturday I hopped up at 11am, made some homemade spagettite sauce and some meatballs, pulled out the scrappy good and went back to work. I scrapped through 5 movies and loved every minute of it all. My mom came over for dinner and the three of us hung out while I continued to scrap away the night. So here are the creations.
The challenge was to use chipboard in a different way then just inked or painted. I heat embossed the chipboard skull and the chipboard letters. I over heated the skull on purpose to het it to bubble and look distressed. Under it there are about 6 photos of the house and the pumkins we carved so I could keep it to a single page LO. And the letters are done to a vinyl shiny look.



This was a mulitiple photo LO where the challenge was to use the same photo at least 3 times.

The challenge here was to use at least 10 embelishments. I tried to push myself further and use some elements I don't often use like sewing (2008), pre printed journaling, arrows and I floated a transpercy over the stickled ? to give a layer look where the picture should have been in a LO.

This LO challenge was to use stamps. I stamped the word family then embelished it with stickles. I stamped then heat embossed the swirls on the bottom left of the photo. I then stamped the swirls on the upper right and embelished them with stickles too.
This challenge was to use transpencies. I used an overlay on the dog and made my own transperency with stickers on the right.

This LO challenge was to use pink & red and use the word love. (I really LOVE this LO)

This challenge was to use layers. I layered the papers and then the flowers.
This was a challenge to scrap someone or something that inspired you. I scrapped the amazing Amie's amazing hands playing the piano. And I lifted this LO from one of her's in her honor. I had so much fun doing this one! It's now going into a frame for her (don't worry I revealed it to her already). I choose to scrap Amie because of how she helps me to see the positive when I'm struggling to do so. She pushes and encourages me to keep trying when I feel like I can't. She is constantly trying to better her many talents by trying new things all the time. In short Amie makes me want to be a better person - love ya girly. And the phrase has become my favorite of her Amie-isms.
Here is her original LO.
This challenge was to scrap something with hidden journaling. I really like this page too. (Photo credit to the amazing Melanie Wellman)
Here is the journaling.
Don't miss our trip to Tuscon in the post below!

5 comments:

Casey Lu said...

Wow both you and Amie got a ton of layouts done! I have done three this weekend despite Super Bowl and getting sick. I love what you did with the chipboard with each layout the stickles and the heat styling definitely dresses them up really nice! I agree I like the 10 Random layout, the hidden pictures of the spooky one, and I totally LOVE the Eternal one!!!! Great job on the layouts!

Amie said...

Thanks again so much for honoring me! I love it! I also love the Roxi one! Your got tons done, great job!

Anonymous said...

amazing love it! so creative i love the temple one and the halloween page that opens!!!

teri

Anonymous said...

amazing love it! so creative i love the temple one and the halloween page that opens!!!

teri

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Woo-hoo! Those look so good! I love the Halloween one, but of course I would :)