Monday, October 4, 2010

Lots o' changes

Wow how does three months pass so quickly? Feels like I just posted here a couple weeks ago!
I suppose it's easy to see how that much time has gone by when I look at all the changes that have taken place in the past few months.

The biggest change is that I am no longer unemployed, woo hoo! I have been working at Bank of America as a fraud analyst for about 2 months now. It was my first interview since the layoff and I got the job offer within about 2 hours. I'll admit that felt really good. There were many things about the last job I was that made me doubt that I was a good employee or that I could really be an asset to a team. I have to say that I have been loving the job and the people are just amazing. It's been a ton of fun getting to know everyone and I have really enjoyed learning about the bank. I've also learned a lot about fraud and the general public.

Here are a few tips I have picked up in my past few months of investigating fraud:
1 - Don't ever be without a second form of payment when you are going anywhere! I can not tell you how many people I talk to that have no access to their debit card due to either a fraud situation or a system malfunction and they tell me that they have no other way to gas up their car or feed their children. Hello people keep an emergency $20 on you at all times!!!!!!

2 - Drunk people can be just plain mean. Had a drunk guy tell me he hoped I would die in a car accident on the way home.

3 - Be aware of your surroundings at all times when you are using your debit card. Never use an atm you think looks odd and never, never, never throw away a receipt until the purchase has cleared your account. Check your bank account at least once a week (people surprise me when they say "oh i haven't checked my account in a few months" really ?!?!). And for the love of Pete don't ever send your account info through an email to anyone. Yep, that's right people actually call us up and say "well the email said it was from Bank of America so I thought it was ok to give them my account number and social security number" oh how that makes me want to sit with then, hold their hand and explain how the world is full of bad people who do bad things like steal your money.

4 - Drunk people can be downright funny. Had a drunk guy propose marriage to me three times during our conversation last week.

So in a nutshell I'm learning a lot and really loving the company. I've never worked anywhere that cares as much for their employees. The overnight schedule is a bit rough, but how blessed we are that Caden can spend so much time with me during the week. Absolutely counting our blessings over here!

In other news Caden keeps growing and keeping us running a million miles an hour! This kiddo is a crack up and his personality can fill any sized room. I uploaded a few of my recent favorite photos  :)












So we will be getting ready for Halloween here in the next week or so. I'll miss the trunk or treat this year do we're going to a pumpkin patch next week where I can get some photos. I'll share those when I get them.

5 comments:

Amie said...

I So SO happy you updated!! Been missing my CC! I am so happy for you that you love your new job. Great to feel appreciated and feel like you're doing a good job and contributing to society. Thanks for the tips, and I love the pics! When's the next FHE night you're available?

Courtney said...

So glad to here you love your job and things are starting to work out!!! I can't believe how big he is getting. Time sure does fly:)

wittygal said...

That is great news! Your little boy is growing up. I know how it happens, but seriously how does it happen? Especially when you haven't seen someone for awhile and you think they still have a baby, he is a toddler. Wow it has been to long.

Sher said...

I'm so glad the Lord blessed you with this job, I hope it continues to be a good one. Those are great tips! Kaden is so handsome! luv u!

Delfina said...

Love the pic's of your lil boy. The world of FRAUD is just a great place to work in. Haha. I work in the check part of it and we get great stories to. I'm glad you found a job!!!