Monday, November 17, 2008

The Nester is in a Fester


So the last few weeks I've hit the door after work and beat feet right to the bed, curled up, had the hubster rub my feet and my back and my shoulders, then cozy with my doctor ordered ice cream before dozing off to sleep. All of that only to wake up 4-5 times and struggle to get back to sleep. Or worse yet suffer a panic attack and be up for hours trying to regain my sanity (has anyone else suffered from panic attacks or anxiety attacks during pregnancy? and these are not about worrying about having a baby, they are more of the actual feel like I can't breathe, may not wake up in the morning variety). So I have been not even worried about anything outside of the work world or my bed. But this past weekend it all hit me about how I only have 6 weeks left and with my tired needy lifestyle my house has gone to pot! I looked around and everywhere all I saw was crud, junk, dirt, dust and clutter. I broke out the note pad and wrote a list room by room of all the things that had to be done before I would let life emerge from my body. I brought the list to my hubby and he worked really hard to not laugh at my list and then told me we would start on Monday after work.
So when we got home tonight we proceeded to tear apart my kitchen and we scrubbed, organized, sanitized and put the place into order. It made me down right giddy. I actually asked my hubby if the smell of the cleaner made him want to skip around too. He laughed and let me know that if was not making the impact on him that it made on me. Then he decided that he could kill two birds with one stone and help develop my skills as the future mother of his son. He put on Star Wars - A New Hope and proceeded to teach me all about Millennium Falcon's and the force. Now mind you I'm a huge Star Wars fan so I thought that this lesson was kind of funny, but quickly realized he was teaching his son by proxy and it made me smile.
In the end my kitchen is sparkling and I've decided that white appliances are pure evil for how much dirt they can hold onto. I decided that Harrison is a really great name for our second son. And I can sleep tonight (hopefully) knowing that should my son decide to come tonight I could safely let him sleep in the kitchen knowing that the room was clean.

7 comments:

Amie said...

Hey, the kitchen is a room. It works. And I think Harrison is a lovely name. Though you know it'll get shortened to Harry Cuglietti. As long as you're cool with that. =) yay for the nester!!

AZ HS Spotlight said...

If you run out of cleaning, I've got more than enough to share. LOL, I love nesting. It's when I really like to clean. So, that means my house has only been clean 3 times total. Well, it feels like it!

Jaime said...

I hear ya on the nesting thing, now that I'm in my 2nd trimester I feel like I can do anything! LOVE it!

Casey Lu said...

You are so not alone on the nesting feeling! This weekend it has totally kicked in for me! I also think Ehren thinks I am insane that I want a total overhaul of the house and garage hence my post I did last night. Maybe between the two of us in the nesting mode we can get both houses clean! Let me know if you need or want help. It is usually just me and the kiddos in the evenings and especially now that Ehren is getting a second job. So let me know!

wittygal said...

Not only could he sleep in the CLEAN kitchen but he is going to be a STAR WARS genious that has to help you sleep better too, right? Love it, you and your husband are a BLAST!

Natalie said...

Nesting can be so miserable when you're exhausted. I hope it goes well for you. Be glad you're not nesting while on bedrest! That's the worst!

I'm so sad that I missed your baby shower! :*( Your gift is on it's way and I hope you love it. It was so fun to shop for you! You have lots of fun stuff picked out! I can hardly wait to see what baby Caden's nursery looks like!

Jenna said...

Get as much done now as you can before your hands are FULL!! :)