Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just gonna catch you all up already

I have been suffering from some serious bloggers anxiety over here in Christine land. I have so many pictures I want to share and I have been having nothing but technical problems since I have got my computer up and working. I want to post about all the wonderful things that have been happening over here in my little world but I just can't bring myself to do it with out the accompining visual stimuli. So I went into a little blogger denile and just let the time pass beautifuly by whilst I ponder the great complexities of the universe (why do hot dogs come in 8 packs and buns in 10 packs, where do the socks go if they aren't coming out in the same numbers as I put them in the washing machine, just how many licks does it take to get to the center of a totsie pop) all the while expecting my computer to simply control + alt +heal thyself and be back to normal. And everything was going along swimingly until I opened my email tonight to find that my denial-ic actions may cause the fall of the world as we know it know. I was informed by the famous blogger Amie that she would be going on strike if I did not post something new. Well I knew that I couldn't be responsible for the collapse of the blog world as we know it, because I know if I don't read her blog daily I feel like I've missed out on something and then I go all kattywompus. So I hustled butt in to my office and fixed my computer so I could bring you all a little joy when you open my page and see something other then my Chrismas pictures. Yes I've decided to share with you all my .........New Years pictures!

Oh there was such good times happening that splendid night. Toni and her hubby, Amie and her hubby and myself and my hubby all went out for a wonderful dinner at Macayo's. We talked and laughed and stuffed ourselves to the brim with yummy, yummy, yummy food. ................... Soory had to clean up the drool .
Then we went back to Toni's house for good ol Wii time. We played Mario Party 8 as teams. I totally love this photo series of the Amie Danny team. Amie was being instructed by her partner who was very into the idea of winning this challenge. This series makes me crack up :-) So now we are going to go this way and do that thing over there..... Yehaw! (Amie is a master of disguise, don't let her mellow demeanor fool you, oh no, she is in fact a wild woman...) There it is, unbridled joy. Awwwww such a great pair! Next there was much DDR going on in the house. Oh we were a shaking our groove thing for sure. And my hubby got schooled by Toni's 7 year old son - hahahaha - so glad it wasn't me cause it could have been , oh yes it could have been. There was midnight kisses - so cute aren't they :-) And freezing col , very windy noise making. All in all it was the best New Years we've had in quite a while. Thanks guys for such a great night and a wonderful new addiction. Yes we went a bought a R game for our PS2 with our Christmas Best Buy gift card - of there is much shaking of the groove thing a going on over here.

So that brings me to my New Year's challenges. I am dubbing this year the year of No Fears. I am going to stop letting the world dictate to me what I can and can't do and start only taking orders from myself. So what if I'm struggling to get clients for my photography - I'm gonna start advertising outside of my box and get my business back up and running. Heck I fed my family before on my talent and I can do it again. I'm going to start writing again and I don't care what people think of my stories, I'm gonna just keep writing until my little heart is content. And for that matter I'm writing poetry again too - so there world, that's right poetry and I might even rhyme something! I'm gonna learn to say no more often an not let people guilt me into changing my answer. Just because I don't have children doesn't mean my time is less valuable; I enjoy being home and snuggling up with my computer and scrapbooking just as much as the next girl and gosh darn it I'm a gonna do it when ever I can (but this doesn't mean for all of you to stop inviting me to things - let's face it I'm still a little needy). Ok I'll share with ya'll each month the challenge I'm working on to face my fears this year and that should help me keep on track - woo hoo I'm gonna kick fear's butt.
Now one last thing I had to share about the holiday season then I will sign off for a little bit. I have to share my Holiday miracle - her name is Abigail. Abby and I grew up together and have shared major milestones in our lives. She was my maid of honor in my wedding. I sat by her bedside after a horrible accident took her ability to walk. She is the strongest woman on the face of this planet and I love that she is my family - no matter what the DNA says. We had been separated by life's crazy ways for about 2 years when I got a call out of the blue that she was going to be in AZ over New Years. Oh it was so wonderful to she my darling Abby and hear her laugh and get to see her new artwork (she's applying for graduate school right now). She truly was my favorite part of the Holiday season and I can't wait to catch up with her again soon, love ya girly!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Wow, I'm glad you finally posted!! Looks like fun times.

Toni said...

Love the pictures. We totally need to get together again for a Mario Party 8 rematch!

Amie said...

LOVE YOUR UPDATE.

Fine, i will not revolt. =) Thanks for sharing all these cool pictures!

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Finally! I'm so glad you are blogging again. I will read whatever you write, I know that if your blogs are a good read, anything you write will be awesome too!

Shel said...

YOU have, hands down, THE BEST BLOGS at all times....could you be more descriptive please!! I laugh everytime I read your writes!! And I think....where in the heck does she come up with such great material....just to quote...."whilst I ponder the great complexities of the universe (why do hot dogs come in 8 packs and buns in 10 packs, where do the socks go if they aren't coming out in the same numbers as I put them in the washing machine, just how many licks does it take to get to the center of a totsie pop) all the while expecting my computer to simply control + alt +heal thyself and be back to normal." Everytime you write...I am in awe! Glad you're back girlfriend! Missed ya!