Sunday, April 11, 2010

All boy take two

So Caden was running in the living room when he saw DJ turn for our bedroom. He tried to turn and follow him, lost his footing and fell full force right into the door jam to our laundry room. I heard the thud turned and picked him up to see a good 2 inch bump on his forehead raised up about an inch. So off to the ER we go to make sure he hadn't broken anything and check for a concussion. Talk about having your heart stop. I woke up that morning feeling sick but the afternoon sensation of nausea was much different. To make matters worse the doctor did the whole child abuse screening and questioned us like we had hurt him. I have worked in law enforcement long enough to know that he was going to check him due to the injury, but his for of questioning was so uncalled for it left me in tears. He's totally fine today, though DJ and I are exhausted from having to wake him up every two hours last night. So need a nap!

6 comments:

Amie said...

Poor guys, that is a really big goose-egg!! Yikes!

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Joey said he loved the professional photos of the goose egg. Can't keep a good scrapper down LoL. I'm glad he's ok..poor darling.

Casey Lu said...

Poor Caiden! Such a nasty looking goose egg bump! I am glad he is ok! Good thing you were able to take photos of his first battle wound.

Casey Lu said...

Glad he is ok! That is a pretty nasty looking and sized bump! Hopefully there won't be too many of these!

Sher said...

that would definitely make me panic. I'm glad he's doing okay. How sad it is to know that child abuse does happen. I'm sorry he even questioned you!

wittygal said...

OUCH!! So goose egg out, OK. No goose egg out, not OK. So why does goose egg out look so much worse. YIKES!